Monday, January 5, 2015

Project ADD

I have a hard time concentrating on a project for more than a short period of time.  I do steps, take a break, and then start again.  I also get bored easily or distracted easily - hard to distinguish sometimes - and I always have at least two if not three or four or more projects in various stages of completion going at the same time.

There is actually a benefit to this in my resolution to sew everyday.  I got stuck with the corduroys because I don't have a zipper that I find satisfactory and I am at a stand-still until the one I just ordered comes in the mail.

Luckily, I can still sew everyday because I have so many, many project that need work!

Here is one that I am slowly approaching because it involves quilting skills which are not my strong area.

It is a large zip around organizer with clear vinyl, zip close pockets for carrying and organizing my sewing supplies.  It's a class on Craftsy called Sew Sturdy Travel Organizers - you get two patterns plus the video instructions for putting them together.  It reminds me of something from Vera Bradley.



I have been slowly machine quilting the fabric which will eventually be cut into the pieces that I need to complete the organizer.

Since I was out of luck with the corduroy project, I ended up finishing the quilting. Yay!
I will not even attempt to instruct anyone on quilting methods.  I consulted my mother, who is extremely skilled, and opted to do a 1" diamond pattern.  I would also refer you to Craftsy.com for anything else quilting you want to learn, including this class.  The price pretty much covers what you would pay for the pattern.

One thing I have enjoyed about machine quilting this myself (next time I'm paying a friend with a long-arm quilter) is drinking in this beautiful fabric.  I love the all the shades of blues and greens and the tiniest pop of chartreuse.  These type of projects really let you spend time loving your fabric.

This is an Amy Butler fabric - it's from the Lark collection and it's called Gypsy.  I think it's heavenly.  It was going to be a new yoga mat bag, but the organizer will be lovely too.

Make something beautiful!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment