Thursday, January 15, 2015

They fit!

I am nearing completion of the New Year's corduroys.  This evening I finished the front and back crotch seams and inseams.  The only steps left are the waistband, button and hem.

I tried them on my son, sans waistband, to see if I wanted to make the waistband an adjustable one. It's fairly easy to do - you insert buttonhole elastic, which is readily available at craft/sewing stores.  Although they fit him perfectly, I may still put the elastic in - he has a prominent rear end that can make for a gapping waistband when he sits down.  Also, I highly recommend going up one size and maybe two sizes based on your child's measurements - these are very slim fitting pants.  This is a European size 140 - a US size 12 equivalent.  My son is a very large 7 year old - but in RTW he wears a size 10.

I love the pencil-slim fit of these pants and the curved, top-stitched side seams give an even slimmer look.

The photographs are horrible - I had to pry him away from Plants vs. Zombies and he was not very cooperative. 

When they are finished I will post more professional looking photos.









For pant/jean construction reference I used my Craftsy Class - Sewing Designer Jeans by Angela Wolf, the Ottobre instructions and my own familiarity with sewing pants.

I highly, highly recommend Angela Wolf's class - she has so many wonderful tips for making your jeans look professional.  

http://www.craftsy.com/class/sewing-designer-jeans/460?_ct=sbqii-sqjuweho-dum&_ctp=18&rceId=1421374936111~p4h8qyif

Make something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment