Monday, March 3, 2014

Vikings and Chafing

Little known fact:  there are some little Vikings who have sensitive skin and are prone to chafing.  So what is the solution when rough seams are rubbing him the wrong way? 

I ran into some resistance from my son with his viking pj pants.  The seaming around the crotch and leg was bothering him, and he is intolerant to say the least.  He has terribly sensitive skin - prone to eczema and general irritation, so I've got a wonderful way to help him feel more comfortable in his clothes (this is helpful even for store bought clothes):  Dreamweave.

floriani dream weave ultra

I cut small, seam size strips of Dream Weave and fused it with my iron on the hottest steam setting and a wet press cloth.  It is also excellent for fusing over the back of embroidery on shirts to prevent itching/irritation as well.
Here are some photos to show how I applied it:




Now my son wears these as much as possible and is quite thrilled that they feel soft and chafe-free!

Make something beautiful (and chafe-free!)
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment