Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Viking Pajamas

My son and I LOVE the How to Train Your Dragon series by Cressida Cowell.  They are marvelously fun and full of adventure.  They are also full of Vikings and Dragons.

When I saw this fabric by Lillestoff, I thought it would make a pair of pajamas perfect for a little boy to dream of magical dragons and adventures on the Viking seas.  It's also so cute I may have to make something for myself with it too.  It's available in Ottobre Design's Etsy Shop (click the picture), although I believe this particular colorway is sold out.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/116693801/vikings-organic-cotton-elastane-single 

I bought some blue and purple ribbing from Ottobre as well for the neckline and cuffs on the shirt, and also cuffs on the pants.



The shirt is going to be a solid dark navy cotton jersey with some Viking applique.
How do you do Viking applique?  Well...
  •  First I find a cute image of a Viking Dragon Ship on my Viking fabric


  • Then I trace it with some Swedish Tracing Paper (this is an essential supply for copying, tracing, and drafting patterns).

  • Then I enlarge it 200% on a copier


Now I have the proper size Viking Dragon Ship to make my applique.  I'll be dyeing and cutting up some of my husband's old T-shirts for the applique.  I'll post my progress on that soon.

Make something beautiful!  (or something with Vikings!)
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment